fot

Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"
From: Wes Dayton <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:51:14 +1100
Given I had opened my big mouth about this, I thought I'd better do some
checking. I jut got off the phone with our Sydney Yokohama performance tire
distributor and tried to see if we could figure out why these tires are
available here but not in the U.S.

His estimate was that they sell around 100-150 sets in this size aross
Australia per year which is sufficient to justify importing them from Japan.
I would be very surprised if the market in the U.S. wasn't much bigger than
that; his estimate was that it's generally about ten times the size.

What we did wonder was "are the U.S. tires manufactured locally"?  It's
quite possible that Yokohama hsa a plant somewhere in the U.S. producing
performance tires including the A032R? If that's so, maybe you're runninvg
into a case where they just don't make that size locally, and so someone
needs to organise importing them.

Can't think of any other reason that makes sense.

Wes Dayton - Sydney