fot

Re: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"
From: Bob Buxbaum <snaponbob@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:15:16 -0500
At 10:45 PM 10/27/2003, BOB KRAMER wrote:
>I would think that the lack of DOT approval would keep Yokohama from
>producing that tire for sales here in the USA through the bigger vendors.
>Why can't we get a specialty tire supplier to import a container load and
>resell them? Bob Woodman, Roger Kraus, Sasco, are you listening? There is
>market for a 195-60-15 or 205-60-15 that is being ignored.  I have the
>Dunlop 205-60-15 D84J's and I am unimpressed. I think the word is out on
>them. I would try the 032Rs if they came available, especially if they were
>195's.
>
>Bob Kramer
>rkramer3@austin.rr.com

Hey everybody, what are the intended use for the 032Rs? Without DOT
approval they will not be imported into the US for street use.
Additionally, most sanctioning bodies do not allow non-DOT tires to be run
in competition in classes that are not full race classes. Examples are
Stock and Street Prepared in SCCA Solo 1 and 2, and many road race classes.
I guess another question is why you would not 50 series tires with their
inherent benefits. TireRack has 205/50x15 in A032R
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=A032R
and Kuhmo's in the VictorRacer series
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=VictoRacer+V700

. Both are 205's with no 195's. If these are for track or autocross use the
Kumho's are the way to go as they are cheaper and have much better grip.
Been there, done that, with the TR8 in A/SP Solo 2.

Bob and Mary Buxbaum
Chesapeake, Va.

snaponbob@cox.net