fot

Re: Learning to Drive

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Learning to Drive
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:17:20 -0600
Larry,
You are doing fine out there. I have 7 years of driving and plenty of room
for improvement. You are just two years into the same learning curve.You
also have to remember that it is my old car, kinda like an old glove. The
reason I was able to get there so quickly is that you have done some very
good things with the car. I am very impressed with your car's handling. It
really grips well through the turn, better than my TR4. Even though I am
faster in my TR4, I think that would no longer be true if you tightened up
the steering. My car enters and exits a turn with much more authority than
yours. This has a lot to do with the differences between rack and pinion and
the steering box, but mostly because the rack doesn't wear out. If you get
the play out of the wheel,, you will get much better control going in , be
able to use the grip and exit at a higher speed. That's faster lap times.
Bob