fot

Re: Learning to Drive

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Learning to Drive
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:00:46 -0600
I appreciate all the input I've already gotten from everyone.  I should
have mentioned the car I'm driving.  As Jack Drews described in the
Mid-Ohio video, it is the yellow TR3 that was "soldiering along".  I
realize I've come a long way with the car this year (-12 sec at TWS, -6
sec at Hallet) - mostly due to suspension and handling improvements.  I
don't want to sound greedy about wanting to go faster, but I guess I
don't need to apologize to this group.  I just enjoy learning all this
stuff, working on development of the car and trying to improve my
driving skills.  From the in car video, I noticed differences in our
driving lines on several turns, and I'm asking myself why would Bob's
line be faster?  I've always done better when I understand "why" rather
than just memorizing "how". I've still got a long ways to go to be in a
class with most of you.  I'm just wondering where those next few seconds
are going to come from.
Larry