fot

re: learning to drive

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: re: learning to drive
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:30:27 EST
Another time tested method is to follow an experienced driver in a similar
car. That's how I ran my first laps at Riverside. The instructor took us around
in tow, and showed us 'the line'. Then, he accelerated each lap, showing how
the braking, entry, and exit points shift as speed increases. Maintaining a
fixed distance will force you to do what he does. Ten laps or so and you'll
have
a pretty good place to start from. I'm sure there are lots of guys in the
group that would help with that.

Steve Hedke