fot

Re: WEBER Carbs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WEBER Carbs
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:41:49 -0600
I have found the Haynes manual to be pretty much worthless.  It nicely
covers disassembly, repair, and reassembly but it does nothing for me in
the tuning category.  I have a book called "Weber Carburetors" by Pat
Braden from HPBooks (HPBooks - 774, ISBN 0-89586-377-4) that does a nice
job of explaining how the carburetors work and gives practical examples for
coming up with jet sizes and how to adjust settings, especially the
progression circuit.  The progression circuit is very important for street
driving - it takes you from idle to where the main circuit comes in.  This
can make a big difference in street driveability.

Everyone I've talked to, and all of the reading I've done indicates that 3
psi is max. fuel pressure for Webers.  That's what I'm running with the
Holley Blue fuel pump.

- Tony Drews