fot

Re: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly.... (long

To: "fredd" <fal@knology.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly.... (long
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:14:20 +1300
I am amazed if even half of what you are saying is true, at least in the UK
and NZ there isn't an incestuos relationship between the police and the
courts system so it is impossible for it happen like that. Basically the UK
has decided that the pyramid financing of speed cameras is an excellent way
of raising tax while claiming it is all about road safety and at least isn't
corrupt (yet) although the latest idea of allowing forces to keep some of
the fines is very worrying, hopefully NZ won't go down the same route. One
UK trick is to set speed limits unrealistically low but you don't actually
normally get fined for driving under this (although mistakes do happen) The
very idea that you are forced to hand over cash for a non existant offence
is appalling, perhaps a TV station or newspaper could be persuaded to
investigate and record such an incident.
John Kipping