fot

Re: Stolen Race Car - Denver, CO

To: henry@henryfrye.com, REK46@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stolen Race Car - Denver, CO
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:18:12 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/04 10:55:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
henry@henryfrye.com writes:

<< What I learned was the tool needed to break into the cab is a flat tip
 screwdriver. The plastic housing around the door latch pops out with little
 sound or effort, and the rotten bastard is in your truck. Then the
 ignition/steering lock gets popped out, and your truck is gone. I am not
 sure about current models, but as of a few years ago Ford had not applied
 any security measures like the chip in the key, etc. to their pickup line >>

That is why I have three steering wheel clubs, which I religiously use every
time each vehicle is parked.  It doesn't matter where -- my driveway, good
neighborhoods, super market parking lots, etc.  It also doesn't matter if it is
my 1991 Mazda Protege with 121,700 miles on it, my 1987 Ford Econoline Van with
49,000 miles, or my wife's 2002 Mazda Protege with 17,100 miles (just changed
the oil in this car today).

I am now hearing that some crooks can break club locks by spraying
refrigerant in the key holes, but I figure that it is one more barrier, and
maybe they
will go on to someone else's vehicle.