fot

Re: Tr6 PI and racing

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr6 PI and racing
From: "Geoffrey Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:04:29 +1000
Chuck
There are 3 of us racing TR6 PI on the east coast in Aus . Our Historic Car
Race rules do not allow much mods ie we have to run the PI or the USA spec
cars with strombergs. the biggest problem we have encountered is fuel pick
up. As you start to punt the car hard. We have fixed this by the following
mods
1 install a second fuel tank outlet on the right side of the tank to the
right of the baffle plate
2 run the two outlets to the filter under the tank
3 run two outlets from the filter through two low pressure fuel pumps
4 feed the fuel pumps into a surge tank about 3inch dia and 12 inch high on
the left hand shelf to the left of the tank
5 install the lucas pump undet the tank below the surgetank
6 run a 3/8 line from the surge tank to the inlet of the lucas pump .
7 run a overflow line from the surge tank to the fuel tank return line from
the PRV .
With this you can run the tank dry. With out you get fuel starvation to the
pump on hard cornering with a full tank.

Without this set up we get fuel starvation  on hard left hand corners which
create real drama with a MGB up the bum
Contact me off list if you want more details . Our TR6's are quite quick and
hold theirn own in very impressive company
Geoff Byrne