fot

RE: TR 3 Steering

To: "'kas kastner'" <kaskas@cox.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR 3 Steering
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:13:37 -0700
I think some of the understeer in TR3/4 come from their having "less"
Ackerman. The odd sounding terms (less, true and more) come from the fact
that Ackerman is a very archaic notion, probably the very first suspension
term--it dates back to carriages. When I modeled the Ackerman on my TR3 it
came out about twenty feet behind the rear axle. That's quite a bit of
"less" though some cars have Ackerman points several miles behind their
axles.