fot

RE: TR 3 Steering

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: RE: TR 3 Steering
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:04:50 -0700
Hear, hear.

I think the most impractical part of some of the rules is that they make
driving the cars less fun. Somehow anything that makes the cars safer is
okay--but if we were really going to be real, we shouldn't have all that
stuff. Drawing lines is always arbitrary, and mostly has to do with someone
saying "I'm right, you should all do what I say". But we're all in this to
have fun, and I can live with almost any set of rules. The best ones are
gentlemen's agreements. Truth is, if I didn't have competition in the race
groups I run with, I'd move to another group. No point in running around the
track by yourself. I'm not looking for fair, I'm looking for a close race.
But it's a lot more fun in a car that behaves.