fot

Re: overdrive question

To: jsnook@wcnet.org, Fubog1@aol.com, charly@mitchelplumbing.com,
Subject: Re: overdrive question
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:36:26 EDT
In a message dated 09/21/2005 3:51:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
jsnook@wcnet.org writes:

> I'll confirm what Glen has said about the instant shift with an A
> overdrive.
> Just raced my TR3A at Grattan, and was using 2nd/3rd OD consistently.  It
> worked flawlessly and helped in those areas where regular shift was
> inconvenient.  Of course by using it so much Glen is likely to get a chance
> to rebuild it sometime!!
>
> Thanks Glen for the great performing OD!

Especially in 2nd.  Mike Belfer used to holler at me for using OD in 2nd.  I
always listened politely, but it was difficult not to use it coming out of
FIVE at ROAD AMERICA when you were trying to pass someone up the hill on the
way
to SIX.  I must have worn it out, however, as I have not used it for years.
Poor Mike is gone (GRHS), but the OD is still on the shelf.  We'll have to put
it back on, one of these days.

Don Brick has raced with an OD on his TR4 for years, and swears by it.

Bill (Damdinger)