fot

RE: overdrive question

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: overdrive question
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:48:07 -0700
> You could, of course mess around with the pressure
> relief valve to increase the pressure but this will give a very
> rough/abrupt engagement

With respect, Leon, this suggests to me that your friend is confused about
how J-type overdrives work.  The pressure relief valve is not in operation
when the overdrive engages, and hence adjusting the valve can have
absolutely no effect on engagement.  (Unless you've turned the pressure down
until it won't hold engagement.)

A-type (and D) are of course an entirely different story.

Randall