fot

RE: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, mjb@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:48:49 -0500
At 09:47 AM 8/15/2006, John Herrera wrote:
>>So what do you think might be the towing capacity of a 1967 Ford Country
>>Squire station wagon with the 390 cubic inch motor?
>
>I can comment because I spent well under the $10,000 limit.
>
>On the Coolness Gauge:
>
>Astro van:  Off the scale low

You got that right. Talk about dullsville!

>'67 Country Squire: Pretty nearly pegged out

Especially if it has wood trim on the sides.

Bill Dentinger had the world's coolest tow vehicle with his 1950 Cev
one ton panel. It was great.

Personally I've grown accustomed to the modern amenities but I've
always lusted for a vintage-looking vehicle with modern amenities.
Like maybe a 34 Ford sedan delivery on a modern chassis with modern
everything. I keep wondering if one of those old crocks would fit on
any of the modern chassis. But like Tom, I don't think my remaining
career is long enough to support a project like that.