fot

Re: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle

To: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Subject: Re: [FOT] Thoughts on a TR tow vehicle
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:37:07 -0700
I had a 1958 Cadillac that I wanted to use as a tow vehicle. It had a
very clever receiver mounted behind a hinged license plate. I hooked
it up to my open trailer, stuck some blocks on for weight and headed
down the driveway. Nearly took out the gate. Brakes! That's what
matters, brakes. Cars don't have 'em. Big trucks do. the only
alternative is good brakes on the trailer, prefereably disk. and even
then, who can trust them.  F350 with the tow package. doesn't
qualify, and it's not all that cool, but my trailer is. Or at least
it's getting there. I'm going to use it for the Columbia River
Classic even though it's not done.

By the way, in the tradition of spitfire Suzy (we were talking about
you today kid, your ears must have been burning). diane and I are on
our way to Monterey, I'm in Eureka CA tonight, and we were trying to
come up with a name for the Airstream, and for the Ambro project. I
mentiioned that Suzy names her cars and they are always cool names.

so since the Airstream has a Nero Wolfe kind of 1950's  decorating
theme (anyone who has seen the A&E Series knows what I mean) we
decided to call it Nero's Peyote Pad or Nero for short.  And since
the Ambro is Peyote's little brother we're naming it Mescal (or
Mezcal). tried 'em both, liked them enough to never try them again.
But good names.

Ignore the typos, too much wine for dinner, or at dinner, whatever.