fot

Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:52:49 -0800
I built a 77' foot slot track on a on 4 X 8 board that went up into the
ceiling of my two car garage counter weighted by TR-3 flywheels (what else).

  I made the whole thing.  I used a router to cut the slot in 1" fiber board
then laid down the copper strips on each side.  It was terrific with a cross
over and constant radius turns, hairpins and fast sweepers.  I used a battery
charger to power the brakes so that when you let off the throttle that applied
the brakes.  Also had lights on some of the cars for night racing.  Really fun
stuff, 1/32 scale,  and about 15 cars. That was not yesterday, but about 1976.
Lots of very good drivers came to contest my layout.  Some of them I told
about the brakes, but not everyone.  Hey, there is a little advantage to a
home course. You don't ask, you don't get brakes.

Never Be beaten by Equipment
Kas Kastner