fot

Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SLOT CAR RACING SYSTEM
From: JOSEPH HUGHES <tr5racer@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:10:49 +0000 (GMT)
I got back into 1/32 scale Slot Car racing over here in the UK about 12 months
ago. Joined a local club with a 100'  four lane track and am now completely
hooked. I sold my old 70's cars on e-bay and bought a load of new cars, some
for my home track ie. Cobra Daytona, Ferrari 250GTO, Aston Martin DB4GTZ etc
and some serious cars for the club track. Scalextric cars are OK for home use
but no good for the serious club racers where you need special motors, tyres,
pinion/contrates and other stuff to be competitive. The best cars for this type
of racing are made by Slot-It, Ninco Pro Race and NSR amongst others.
  Revell make some beautifully detailed cars which perform well on home tracks.
There are also kits available for you to make your own cars and I have made a
model of my own race TR5 from an old Airfix TR4 kit mated to a special chassis!
  Not sure where in the USA you live Bob but on a recent trip to Chicago to
visit my son I found an excellent model shop which has a large Slot car
department. It is called Al's Hobby Shop and claims to be the 5th biggest in
America. They have their own website. Well worth a visit.

  Mike Hughes

BOB KRAMER <rkramer3@austin.rr.com> wrote:
  I figure somebody among us will be able to answer this question. What is the
best way to go buying a slot car set these days, something not too serious
but that won't have cars flying off the track. I've looked on line and the
1:32 stuff looks cool but I just don't know what is best.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com