fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: jaxonracing@yahoo.com, REK46@aol.com, fpspitfire@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:09:48 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/2008 3:24:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaxonracing@yahoo.com writes:

Not  trying to be smart here, isn't that how vintage started in the first
place?  Cars that were "squeezed" out in the past moved on to create  vintage
groups? >>

Sort of but not exactly. However, in Vintage there are time lines and
everyone that is here had to backdate to get in. We expect you guys to do the
same
and you are welcome. You just can't bring your current package. That  wouldn't
be right, now would it?

We have simple and consistent rules that you must accept to play in  our
arena.

I  am in the same boat as Aaron here in the Northeast. I have a lot invested
in  my car and I want a place to run it to have fun and be competitive against
 cars of similar displacement. >>

Apparently there aren't enough of you left to make that work for SCCA. I
know that they have too many under subscribed classes. Run the numbers...what
else can they do?

As it is you get 2 ~ 15 minute sessions and a 30 minute race. At a typical
vintage event you can get an hour a day and also run an enduro.

I would not think that it would be impossible to  include current spec cars
in an existing run group and any car of current spec  (i.e. 2008 rule set)
would be class designated as such that way any car  currently running in an
existing vintage class would not be affected, they  would only be sharing the
track
with some additional cars.  Is that  something that could be  possible? >>

No.

We don't have a shortage of complying cars. We are not dying on the vine.  We
are growing. We also have new "vintage" cars but they were built in the last
10-20 years. We don't want current spec 50 year old cars. That is why  our
name starts with a V (Vintage).

I know there are a good number of cars sitting in  garages because of rules
issues in the SCCA and the limitations of some vintage  groups, it would be
great to bring those cars back out so we can enjoy racing  with them.>>

I agree. Read our rules and do what  all of our guys have done. If it was
easy, you might already be here. It  certainly must be easier than following
that
long trail of lollypops you guys  have been following with SCCA. Well, the
candyman just ran out of suckers. Did  you leave a trail of corn to find your
way back?

I  had heard that HSR had classes that would fit current spec cars, anyone
know  if this is true?>>

HSR is not a vintage organization and they might actually have a place for
you.

  Or VRG? >>

Not a chance!

This is a little tongue in cheek so no need to flame me back.  We really will
welcome you guys, but you will obviously have to make the  changes. I would
think it would be less than you guys spend on shocks and motors  though.

Jack Woehrle
SVRA Technical Director

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.