fot

Re: [Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan

To: <n197tr4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan
From: MARK J WEATHERS <markjwea@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:06:31 +0100
--===============2037218918==

--_a07f5149-96b8-4cb7-bc39-01be610bf398_

Everybody has their favorite story about Uncle Jack=2C particularly how he =
helped fellow FOT'ers. My favorite though is how he helped a guy he did not=
 even know. Some fellow with a TR6 was on a road trip and his front upright=
 failed. Somehow he got ahold of Jack out of the phone book. Although Jack =
did not know him from Adam =2C he called me (we were working on the spindle=
 stiffener project at the time) and I overnighted him the one off of my car=
 that we were using for the mockup. Of course the guy fixed his car and dro=
ve off=2C never to return the upright=2C and of course Jack found one and r=
eplaced mine. He was the most stand up guy your could ever want to work wit=
h and woudl do anything to help anybody.
=20
Tony=2C I am so sorry for your loss but take comfort that he went out doing=
 what he loved to do=2C we should all be so lucky.
=20
Mark Weathers
72 TR6> From: N197TR4@cs.com> Date: Sat=2C 16 Aug 2008 17:23:20 -0400> To: =
fot@autox.team.net> Subject: [Fot] Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Gratta=
n> > Friends of Triumphs> > Jack was my best friend for about 20 years. > >=
 I feel as though I need to let folks know since I have this information.> =
> Within the past couple of hours Jack went off of Turn 1 at Grattan.> > It=
 is not yet known if there was a mechanical failure=2C driver error=2C or >=
 medical condition.> > More information will be available later.> > Joe & J=
an Alexander> > </HTML>> _______________________________________________> h=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/fot> =

--_a07f5149-96b8-4cb7-bc39-01be610bf398_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt=3B
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
Everybody has their favorite story about Uncle Jack=2C particularly how he =
helped fellow FOT'ers. My favorite though is how he helped a guy he did not=
 even know. Some fellow with a TR6 was on a road trip and his front upright=
 failed. Somehow he got ahold of Jack out of the phone book. Although Jack =
did not know him from Adam =2C he called me (we were working on the spindle=
 stiffener project at the time) and I overnighted him the one off of my car=
 that we were using for the mockup. Of course the guy fixed his car and dro=
ve off=2C never to return the upright=2C and of course Jack found one and r=
eplaced mine. He was the most stand up guy your could ever want to work wit=
h and woudl do anything to help anybody.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Tony=2C I am so sorry for your loss but take comfort that he went out doing=
 what he loved to do=2C we should all be so lucky.<BR>
&nbsp=3B<BR>
Mark Weathers<BR>
72 TR6<BR><BR>&gt=3B From: N197TR4@cs.com<BR>&gt=3B Date: Sat=2C 16 Aug 200=
8 17:23:20 -0400<BR>&gt=3B To: fot@autox.team.net<BR>&gt=3B Subject: [Fot] =
Jack Drews Died This Afternoon at Grattan<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Friends of T=
riumphs<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Jack was my best friend for about 20 years. <B=
R>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B I feel as though I need to let folks know since I have =
this information.<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Within the past couple of hours Jack=
 went off of Turn 1 at Grattan.<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B It is not yet known if=
 there was a mechanical failure=2C driver error=2C or <BR>&gt=3B medical co=
ndition.<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B More information will be available later.<BR>=
&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B Joe &amp=3B Jan Alexander<BR>&gt=3B <BR>&gt=3B &lt=3B/HTM=
ot<BR>&gt=3B <BR><BR></body>