fot

Re: [Fot] standing starts

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <andre@gt6.ca>, <budscars@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] standing starts
From: "Spitfire Racing" <Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:01:23 -0500
While THIS style of start may be interesting to some spectators it lends
itself to unsafe if not dangerous driving conditions due to the hurried
manner in which safety equipment is put on. Back in the day if I recall
correctly, attire was a polo helmet, a tee shirt and maybe a lap belt if the
driver took the time to connect it. Leap forward to today and even at the
amateur hobby level (yes, that's most of us folks!)we have 5 point
harnesses, HANS devices, gloves, etc. not to mention the starting procedures
many follow. The thought of scampering across the track and diving into it
would scare hell out of me! I know I'm getting old, and I want to get a lot
older before a dirt nap.
I think Bill is spot on. There is great wisdom in his words.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49