fot

Re: [Fot] standing starts

To: billb@bnj.com, grandwazoo@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] standing starts
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:03:00 EST
In a message dated 02/15/2011 12:47:50 PM Central Standard Time,
billb@bnj.com writes:

> Personally, I prefer the Australian Pursuit, where each car is flagged
> off
> according to their handicapped time to complete the number of laps.
> Starting
> off two or three laps behind a slow car is really a hoot, especially when
> you
> round the last turn and see fifteen cars in a wad because they've all
> caught
> up.

They don't call them Australian Pursuit Races, but traditionally the VSCDA
does these (very successfully, I might add) at the Blackhawk Vintage Classic
(Father's Day Week End).  As a matter of fact, I think I won the very first
one they ever ran, at a time I was finding a second or two every time I ran
a session.  I think Wismer has won one too.  I've never been involved in
the orchestration, but I understand that there is a lot of work involved
(setting them up), causing orchestra leaders to miss banquet and drinking the
night before.

I agree that these are great fun.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net