fot

Re: [Fot] standing starts

To: RACER BUD <budscars@comcast.net>, MadMarx
Subject: Re: [Fot] standing starts
From: Wes Dayton <wes@hsrca.org.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:57:05 +1100
Historic races in Australia all use standing starts and I agree that the
race to the first corner is one of the highlights of racing. Yes, I have
experienced some 'heart-in-mouth' moments when the car in front suddenly
darts to the left or right, exposing some guy stalled in the middle of the
track frantically waving his arms, but (so far) have always manage to miss
them.

The only Historic races I have witnessed here using rolling starts it when
we have the F5000s running; apparently trying to get one of those things
off the line quickly from standing still results in lots of debris and
little motion.

Wes Dayton