fot

Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos

To: <seacubeco@aol.com>, <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos
From: michael cook <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:59:53 -0500
There is a device on the market that will scan 35 mm slides and save directly
to your computer. I bought one on Sale at Bed Bath & Beyond a couple of years
ago for under $100. It does both slides and negatives
 Now the confession: I haven't used it yet! But I have spoken to people who
have. It's called a VuPoint. Works with Windows XP and Vista Mike Cook> From:
SeaCubeCo@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 14:53:03 -0500
> To: colordog.1@earthlink.net
> CC: fot@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos
>
> I looked into sending my slides out and it was about $1 each or something
> close to it.  It turned out to be cheaper to buy the equipment and do it
> myself. That's why I haven't done it.  No time.  Might be a good idea to
just
> pay and get it over with.
>
> I wonder if there is an automated way of doing it?
>
> Chris
>
> On Jan 7, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Wonder if there is a place you can send the slides for scanning and get
back
> digital images and what the cost would be?
> > I've got a few hundred slides too.  We could put the FOT image collection
in
> the Smithsonian.
> >
> > ~Steve
> >

> > On Jan 7, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Kurt Oblinger wrote:
> >
> > Some really first rate stuff there! Great resource. I've just liberated
my
> collection of slides (20,000+) from storage and need to get on with
scanning.
> All West Coast stuff, F1, IMSA, CART, Can-Am, SCCA, Historics, 1972 -2001
> mainly.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kurt O.
> >
> > On 1/6/2012 2:15 PM, Jason Ostrowski wrote:
> >> A couple weeks ago Clark linked his photo site to an FOT inquiry.
> >> www.botchagaloop.net
> >>
> >> These photos are totally awesome in my opinion. The volume of quality
> >> photos provide a really commendable documentary of the 70's and 80's
> racing
> >> lifestyle. His involvement as a worker/marshal put him in places to
catch
> >> some very special moments in time. Clark and his worker buddies (also
with
> >> photos on his site) capture over a decade of SCCA championship action
that
> >> tell a rich story of victory and defeat. As an obvious Triumph fan...
> there
> >> are some wonderful period shots of many current FOT cars.
> >>

> >> Thanks Clark! I found a great shot of my car (in Al Olmstead's group)
from