fot

Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos

To: Steven Belfer <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Clark W. Nicholls, GREAT Photos
From: Kurt Oblinger <koblinger@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 13:44:54 -0800
I know people who have used Scan Cafe and are happy with the results.
However, I'm not comfortable with the idea of sending my stuff half-way
around the world to be scanned. I have a Canon 9950f flatbed scanner
that can scan a variety of film sizes. It can scan 12 35mm slides in one
(very slow) pass and outputs individual files for each slide. From there
I bring them into Photoshop Elements for cleanup and correction. I am
probably going to pop for Adobe Lightroom here soon as it has some nice
organizational features.

I have a domain name registered and server space available courtesy of a
friend who runs a web server out of his house for fun.

Here are a few samples of what I've scanned so far.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/townsendlolawm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/manselllotuswm.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/296/efrspitfirepc9.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/tulliustr8ti6.jpg/

I have more on my Facebook page for those of you who do that.

Cheers,
Kurt O.