fot

[Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net> (Win)/8.0.3_GA_5664)
Subject: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's
From: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 18:14:24 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: wgp/J+pdAgAGUj1sGzB4WHmS0zZLUw== s=q20121106; t=1386094465; bh=InJqbyhm7MI7mw6OBBBUMJPUn0g0GZTUr58kgsEjZlQ=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=X2PB8MRPSHNklUrB1RXGXHK7hMtz05y7PNutHlhxZQYWX/pRBHC2nN5YU/NktlTWG 0owpqx/YXhx199pbz98kTv9a9qUfCEonI28C326QXQxy7UAqMkTKJB7jYKmsNBZela Pi9KyF+0qPa+aLqmyNnDhEEJPyPspj8leTMDN/OqgRnoaEGRoAluHLl+0olVMSJ62n EPAbL122Z13xOKHNTxjzfLWHnVcqTxprRhcvzj19w2h2cOk2JJ2CacdyggeVxUR8g+ BgvkLNbRp+cfHJqF4T0Uam06cndnasBLz0OIATmlJNHobDoQShMb5h2pyGGl/+0nOo 06Babp89xD4ew==
FoT

I have the Moss B= pulley and belt conversion with the rubber joint on the
crank pulley/dampener.

Kas warned me at Elkhart lake that these can separate and with that I would
like to explore higher quality

crank dampeners. We installed an ATI super damper on Mark Edenbs car and
there are three things about it I donbt like.

    1. Cost + $ 500.00
    2. They are not clocked correctly for the TR4 and a new timing pointer
needs to be fitted in a less than ideal position.
    3. With the engine installed there is only B<b clearance to the steering
rack.

So with that I have been looking at OEM and aftermarket dampeners/balancers
for other cars but I just donbt know

enough about machining to determine if it would be worth trying to machine a
balancer from another make to fit the TR4.

While on the subject of pullies in general Ibm wondering what others have
done with non-Triumph parts.

I would prefer a serpentine belt. I know I could fit a good quality tensioner
but still stuck on fitting non-triumph pullies

to the TR-4.

Can anyone advise on this subject ?

Thanks,

jim g