fot

Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's

To: adcronin@mi.rr.com, toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's
From: REK46@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 17:47:27 -0500 (EST)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: REK46
is there a Spitfire one?

In a message dated 12/3/2013 4:06:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adcronin@mi.rr.com writes:

ATI part  numbers for TR 2,3 and 4 are:  918569 for the AL. shell @ around
$425
and 916789 for the crankshaft hub @ around $125 from ATI  Summit  and Jegs
may
also carry these units.

On Dec 3, 2013, at 3:34 PM, Dan  Cronin wrote:

They can be purchased directly from the folks at ATI,  thats where I got
mine
couple of years ago.

On Dec 3, 2013, at  1:14 PM, toodamnfunky@comcast.net wrote:

FoT

I have the Moss B=  pulley and belt conversion with the rubber joint on the
crank  pulley/dampener.

Kas warned me at Elkhart lake that these can separate  and with that I would
like to explore higher quality

crank  dampeners. We installed an ATI super damper on Mark Edenbs car and
there  are three things about it I donbt like.

1. Cost + $  500.00
2. They are not clocked correctly for the TR4 and a new  timing pointer
needs to be fitted in a less than ideal position.
3. With the engine installed there is only B<b clearance to the  steering
rack.

So with that I have been looking at  OEM and aftermarket dampeners/balancers
for other cars but I just donbt  know

enough about machining to determine if it would be worth trying to  machine
balancer from another make to fit the TR4.

While  on the subject of pullies in general Ibm wondering what others have
done  with non-Triumph parts.

I would prefer a serpentine belt. I know I  could fit a good quality
tensioner
but still stuck on fitting non-triumph  pullies

to the TR-4.

Can anyone advise on this subject  ?

Thanks,

jim  g