fot

Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's

To: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's
From: Dan Cronin <adcronin@mi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 15:34:17 -0500
Cc: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
They can be purchased directly from the folks at ATI, thats where I got mine s
couple of years ago.

On Dec 3, 2013, at 1:14 PM, toodamnfunky@comcast.net wrote:

FoT

I have the Moss B= pulley and belt conversion with the rubber joint on the
crank pulley/dampener.

Kas warned me at Elkhart lake that these can separate and with that I would
like to explore higher quality

crank dampeners. We installed an ATI super damper on Mark Edenbs car and
there are three things about it I donbt like.

   1. Cost + $ 500.00
   2. They are not clocked correctly for the TR4 and a new timing pointer
needs to be fitted in a less than ideal position.
   3. With the engine installed there is only B<b clearance to the steering
rack.

So with that I have been looking at OEM and aftermarket dampeners/balancers
for other cars but I just donbt know

enough about machining to determine if it would be worth trying to machine a
balancer from another make to fit the TR4.

While on the subject of pullies in general Ibm wondering what others have
done with non-Triumph parts.

I would prefer a serpentine belt. I know I could fit a good quality tensioner
but still stuck on fitting non-triumph pullies

to the TR-4.

Can anyone advise on this subject ?

Thanks,

jim g