fot

Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's

To: toodamnfunky@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] aftermarket crank dampeners and pullies for TR4's
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 00:41:31 -0500 (EST)
Fot Folkes,

Get the dampener directly from ATI.

I tend to twist the TR4 well over 7K on a regular basis.  I tried the harmonic
balancer from the usual sources (the one with the rubber insert...I think its
a 3 main MGB clone) and broke a crank first time out!
I then designed and supplied the blueprints for the dampener that ATI sells
for the TR4 motor and gave them the rights to sell it freely so that it would
be available to all.  My original design had recessed tapered style bolts on
the front so that the heads are even with the front of the dampener in order
to allow for the maximum clearance to the rack.  Perhaps ATI has changed that
aspect and if so, ask for the original setup.  I've never had any issue with
the clearance to the rack, but I do run a "limited movement" trans mount.
Also, the timing marks should have been "dead on" to the olde pointer, never
had an issue there.

a little unbalanced myself...
Nick in Nor Cal