fot

Re: [Fot] Small Bore Racers

To: trmarty@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Small Bore Racers
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 10:00:16 -0400 (EDT)
Just a few observations based on my involvement in Brit cars & Club racing for
decades, not in any particular order-
1- economy, small-bore Brit car racers are generally on the lower steps of the
economic ladder.
2- used parts availability, the junkyard spares supply is about dried up.
3- cost of quality race parts, what might be OK $$ for E-type or porker 911
racers is out of sight for the average little Brit car budget.
4- maintenance demands & requirements of Brit iron vs jap, no explanation
necessary, there is no comparison..
5- the cost to be competitive. Racing is racing, the nature of it is to do
improvements necessary to win races. As the rules loosen up, more development
& $$ is necessary to keep up, and not everyone has the $$ to do so.
6- age group. Those of us who can directly relate to these cars, and grew up
with them, are getting old... and the younger guys, and gals, are naturally
more into the modern stuff they grew up with.

 Glen