fot

Re: [Fot] Small Bore Racers

To: spitlist@cox.net, tlizzard@msn.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Small Bore Racers
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 14:36:43 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: BillDentin
In a message dated 07/05/2014 1:27:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

> You said "CLUB".  SCCA hasn't been a club since corporate interests took
> over in the early 2000's.  Their interests are only in making money.  If
> that means eliminating some cars as they pare down classes, so be it.
> This
> applies both to road racing as well as autocross.  That is precisely why I
> stopped competing in SCCA sanctioned events in 2004.

The current issue of Vintage Motorsport is excellent, and includes a
feature article:  My Favorite Race: BOB TULLIUS 1967 Daytona 300 Trans-Am.  In
it
he gives SCCA good marks for amateur racing, but suggests they don't have a
clue relative to professional racing.  Not the first time I heard that.

Among lots of other stuff, the issue has a good exclusive Steve McQueen
interview, one remembering Sir Jack Brabham, and one about the restoration of
Donald Campbell's Blue Bird LSR.

Maybe old guys just become readers, but this is all Good Stuff to me.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive