fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 Brakes.

To: "BillDentin@aol.com" <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 Brakes.
From: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 20:53:56 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Ah.....Ferodo ... real asbestos.... Their break in instructions would take up
an entire practice session.  With the bike Sun morning practice was always
devoted to breaking in a new set of front Ferodo pads.  Like Kas said, with
Carbotec just drag them every 30 sec or so for a lap, brake slow a few laps &
hit them hard 3 or 4 times, come in and let them cool and you are set

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 24, 2014, at 3:28 PM, "BillDentin@aol.com" <BillDentin@aol.com>
wrote:

> In a message dated 08/24/2014 1:49:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
> duncan.charlton54@gmail.com writes:
>

>> P. J. -- be sure to check the manufacturer's recommendations for
>> break-in procedure for those pads and be sure to follow it if you're
>> going to skim them and try again with the same pads.
>>

> Hmmmm...
>
> We used to be paranoid about breaking in brake pads in accordance with the
> manufacturer's instructions.  We'd devote a special session to it, putting
> an "X" on our car to alert others that we were doing something special.  And
> it seemed to work, as we had no issues.
>
> But as the years went by it seemed to become less and less important, to a
> point where we did very little special at all to break pads in (maybe
> nothing more than get them hot, and cool them off once or twice) before
serious
> racing.  And there was no difference...we had no issues.
>
> I noticed little or no difference from when we made a big deal out of it,
> and when we rushed the break in, if at all.  It made me think that the
> manufacturer's instructions was little more than a potential PYA cop out.
If you