fot

[Fot] OD rebuild or T9 Trans. GT6

Subject: [Fot] OD rebuild or T9 Trans. GT6
From: levilevi at comcast.net (Bud R)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:50:45 -0700
Here's an interesting discussion on strengthening a GT6 gearbox. One view came
down to this:

"It is possible to have a three rail box built using a special, shorter hybrid
mainshaft, which uses the beefier single rail parts, the OD adaptor plate from
the earlier Dolly box and J-type OD. This is probably the ultimate "spec" BUT,
the actual strength of it will depend on the condition of the parts used
(bearing mind that new parts are pretty much gone now) and the skill of the
builder."

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/6308-gt6-gearbox-strengthening/

Bud

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)