Re: [Healeys] air ducting kit

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] air ducting kit
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 20:43:31 -0700

--------------FD69E28E028CFB835EE87F29

I have a Hayden 7-bladed (asymmetrical) fan on the shelf. The blades are
rectangular and more highly curved, and could really move air.
Unfortunately, it was loud as hell at idle and would blow dust out from
under the car; but it was the one thing that did the most to reduce temp
at idle.

Bob

On 6/5/2021 7:04 AM, ou via Healeys wrote:
> BTW  This is a Hayden brand and is 15.25 inch in diameter.
> Keith

  <head>
  </head>
    I have a Hayden 7-bladed (asymmetrical) fan on the shelf. The blades
    are rectangular and more highly curved, and could really move air.
    Unfortunately, it was loud as hell at idle and would blow dust out
    from under the car; but it was the one thing that did the most to
    reduce temp at idle.<br>
    Bob<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1044612973.3958027.1622901840496@mail.yahoo.com">
        brand and is 15.25 inch in diameter.
            style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
              size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
              From: ou via Healeys <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>&lt;healeys@autox.team.net&gt;</a><br>
              To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.net</a> <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>&lt;healeys@autox.team.net&gt;</a>;
              <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:healeyguy@aol.com";>healeyguy@aol.com</a> <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:healeyguy@aol.com";>&lt;healeyguy@aol.com&gt;</a><br>
              Cc: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
              Sent: Fri, Jun 4, 2021 6:20 pm<br>
              Subject: Re: [Healeys] air ducting kit<br>
                      prob.  Pulls a TON of air through the rad and
                      pushes a TON of hot air out of the engine
                      compartment at the same time.  <span
                        style="font-size:10pt;">The tips have been
                        ground slightly for clearance of the harmonic
                        balancer nut.</span><span
                        style="font-size:10pt;">  Includes the spacer
                        necessary for pump clearance and the mounting
                        bolts.  Ready to put on!  $35 plus shipping from
                        23602.</span></div>
                        arial;font-size:10pt;color:black;"><font
                          size="2">-----Original Message-----<br
                            clear="none">
                          From: Michael Salter via Healeys
                          To: Perry Small <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
                          Cc: Austin Healey list
                          Sent: Fri, Jun 4, 2021 9:29 am<br clear="none">
                            clear="none">
                          id="yiv5465943274yqt54859">
                                difference to "heatsoak" situations one
                                thing that was mentioned during our
                                local club Zoom meeting was the idea of
                                adding a 3rd blade to a standard 6 cyl
                                fan, something I'd never heard of.
                                  and at least a couple of our members
                                  have done this with outstanding
                                  results.</div>
                                  recommended for securing the 3 blades
                                  to the waterpump pulley.</div>
href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-53473-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&amp;pub=5575378759&amp;campid=5338273189&amp;customid=&amp;icep_item=303033053279&amp;ipn=psmain&amp;icep_vectorid=229529&amp;kwid=902099&amp;mtid=824&amp;kw=lg&amp;toolid=11111";
                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer
                                    noopener"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-53473-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&amp;pub=5575378759&amp;campid=5338273189&amp;customid=&amp;icep_item=303033053279&amp;ipn=psmain&amp;icep_vectorid=229529&amp;kwid=902099&amp;mtid=824&amp;kw=lg&amp;toolid=11111</a><br
                                    clear="none">
                                  id="yiv5465943274yqtfd98756">
                                    dir="ltr">On Fri., Jun. 4, 2021,
                                    9:11 a.m. Perry Small, &lt;<a
                                      shape="rect"
                                      ymailto="mailto:healeyguy@aol.com";
                                      href="mailto:healeyguy@aol.com";
                                      target="_blank" rel="noreferrer
                                      noopener"
moz-do-not-send="true">healeyguy@aol.com</a>&gt;
                                    wrote:<br clear="none">
                                    class="yiv5465943274gmail_quote"
                                    style="margin:0 0 0
                                    .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc
                                    solid;padding-left:1ex;">
                                      vapor lock (a fuel delivery
                                      problem) and a gear reduction
                                      starter (consistent rotation of
                                      the crank) ?
                                          engine via a radiator ( heat
                                          exchanger) is air flow. It
                                          seems correct that moving the
                                          water too quickly through the
                                          exchanger will limit the loss
                                          of heat from the coolant but
                                          air flow is very important.
                                          The stock AH fans do not move
                                          many CFMs. Thus the reason the
                                          cars seem to do well, temp
                                          wise, at speed but very poorly
                                          idling along in a holiday
                                          parade! </div>
                                            iPhone</div>
                                              clear="none">
                                              Jun 4, 2021, at 8:07 AM, <a
                                                shape="rect"

ymailto="mailto:rfbegani@gmail.com";
href="mailto:rfbegani@gmail.com"; target="_blank" rel="noreferrer
                                                noopener"

moz-do-not-send="true">rfbegani@gmail.com</a>
                                              wrote:<br clear="none">

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Besides all the
                                                    equipment added to
                                                    the engine radiator
                                                    water system to keep
                                                    my Healey from over
                                                    heating, the
                                                    addition of a gear
                                                    reduction starter
                                                    solved all the vapor
                                                    lock issues starting
                                                    my 67 BJ8. It starts
                                                    the car even when
                                                    the engine is hot
                                                    after a long run.
                                                    Greatest thing since
                                                    sliced bread, if you
                                                    want your wife to
                                                    travel with you as
                                                    generally, they do
                                                    not like helping you
                                                    push the car away
                                                    from the gas pumps
                                                    and standing around
                                                    waiting for the car
                                                    to start.  But, if
                                                    you have a wife who
                                                    likes to push your
                                                    Healey, she is a
                                                    keeper.</span></div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;"> </span></div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Bob Begani</span></div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:18.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;"> </span></div>

style="border:none;border-top:solid
                                                  #e1e1e1
                                                  1.0pt;padding:3.0pt
                                                  0in 0in 0in;">

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"><b>From:</b>
                                                    Healeys &lt;<a
                                                      shape="rect"

ymailto="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net";
href="mailto:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
                                                      rel="noreferrer
                                                      noopener"

moz-do-not-send="true">healeys-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                                                    <b>On Behalf Of </b>Michael
                                                    Salter via Healeys<br
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    <b>Sent:</b> Friday,
                                                    June 4, 2021 7:35 AM<br
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    <b>To:</b> Richard
                                                    Collins &lt;<a
                                                      shape="rect"

ymailto="mailto:gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com";
href="mailto:gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com"; target="_blank" rel="noreferrer
                                                      noopener"

moz-do-not-send="true">gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com</a>&gt;<br
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    <b>Cc:</b> <a
                                                      shape="rect"

ymailto="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target="_blank" rel="noreferrer
                                                      noopener"

moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a><br
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    <b>Subject:</b> Re:
                                                    [Healeys] air
                                                    ducting kit</div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"> </div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal">Some
                                                    time Richard try
                                                    dribbling some cool
                                                    water over the float
                                                    chambers when the
                                                    vapor occurs. </div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal">I'll
                                                      be interested to
                                                      hear how well that
                                                      works to get you
                                                      on your way again.</div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"> </div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal">M</div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal"> </div>

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal">On
                                                      Fri., Jun. 4,
                                                      2021, 12:02 a.m.
                                                      Richard Collins
                                                      via Healeys, &lt;<a
                                                        shape="rect"

ymailto="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target="_blank" rel="noreferrer
                                                        noopener"

moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                                                      wrote:</div>

style="border:none;border-left:solid
                                                    #cccccc
                                                    1.0pt;padding:0in
                                                    0in 0in

6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in;">

class="yiv5465943274MsoNormal">My
                                                        vapor lock issue
                                                        occurs for
                                                        example at long