Re: Berkley production line

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Berkley production line
From: StevieGii@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:23:51 EST
Berkley made a neat convertible with a front end looking a bit like a blunt E
type Jag.
It was available as a three wheeler (two at the front, one at the rear), or
four wheeler. Both front wheel drive.
Most three wheelers were powered by a 350cc Villiers "Excelsior" two stroke
engine with no reverse gears.
This meant that they could be driven on a UK motorcycle permit. Many lunatics
(including me) swapped in Honda 750 four engines.
The majority of four wheelers used the Austin Mini 850 engine. Again these
were usually swapped for Cooper S, or Austin (BMC) 1200 engines.
I wonder if the new breed of Jap superbike engines will fit the three
wheeler...........