Street Rodding and IMHOF

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Rodding and IMHOF
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:34:11 -0700
Couple of things.... We talked of gaining more folks into our sport through
advertising we still exist... Last Year went a long way towards that...

In the beginning of this list I talked about the International Motorsports
Hall of Fame.. here in Talladega Alabama... I know there are a ton of these
things... but the induction ceremonies are the week of the Nascar race
there.... and the coverage is pretty good.... I think speed vision is the
sponsor... anyway... I am still of the opinion that we collectively could
work towards having one of our own racers inducted... I know the procedures
and have done it before... with Donald Healey...
actually I helped out... I didn't do it... but our club made it happen....

We aren't talking about every person in the world being in this place and
it really is tough to accomplish... but it is doable....

Second... the Street Rod Nationals are the week end before I leave for the
Salt...
I have a ton of ties to the Street Rodding community and could take my car
and a Street Roadster to the event and get us a pretty fair parking
position to advertise the sport....and our organizations.... anybody
interested?...Good Idea yes/no.... what do you all think... Brad and I were
kicking it about last night and I have been to the nationals LOTS AND LOTS
over the years.... I think it would be a great venue to interest new
folks....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )