Re: Transmissions

To: Dave Dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>, Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net>
Subject: Re: Transmissions
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:50:25 -0400
        I'm with Dave, all the way, on this one. Unfortunatly I don't have a
dyno
other than the great white one in Utah, or Maxton as the case may be.
Anyway I have to do test runs cause that's all I have sometimes. So from
that testing I learned that the faster the 1/4 mile times the faster the
top speed. In my case if I controled the power application better from the
start (read that as no wheel spin) I could run 92% of my top speed at the
1/4 and pick up as much as 5 MPH at the top end (read that 224 vs 229 MPH).
Don't forget this is not a streamliner, no blower, no fuel and a small (304
cid) motor with a
carburetor.
        I'm using a close ratio 4-speed, 2.32 1st., and its going to get even
closer on my next ride.
        OK Tom that's one "speed secrete".

        John Beckett