Re: Transmissions

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Transmissions
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:47:18 -0400
        Tom

        ECTA meets are closer to El-Mirage than Bonneville. We run a one mile
course with 8 to 9 tenths to slow down. We also run on WWII vintage
concrete so those hard rubber Mickey Thompsons get chewed up in a hurry.
NASCAR, Front Runners or H, V & Z rated tires work well.
        Being WWII vintage its not perfectly smooth, so if you don't have
suspension it can be a hard ride. I've run 218 MPH that way so it is
manageable. Best run a Maxton so far is 232 MPH.
        If you could make it out sometime it would be a hoot. Same great people
you find a Bonneville.

        John Beckett