Re: RE: Tires

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Subject: Re: RE: Tires
From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:36:47 -0400
Drag tire side walls will build too much heat in a mile, especially the rough
surface of Maxton would cause side wall failure. I am pretty sure that the rule
book states that 45 lbs. inflation is the minimum required, that would rule out
slicks. I think the ECTA outlaws slicks in the book... John Beckett can answer
that !!

>>> <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com> 07/22 1:52 PM >>>
why does the "thinness" of the sidewall of a drag slick preclude its use in
land speed ? heavier cars ?, greater sidewall heat ?, rules ?

regards-
doug ferguson
black radon engineering
groton, ct