RE: Welding and Welders

To: "'dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com'" <dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com>,
Subject: RE: Welding and Welders
From: "David Haile (ICG Software)" <dhaile@woodward.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:51:08 -0500
Clarification for others:  I think Mr. Ferguson means that gas-shielded
wire-feed welders work much better than the $99 specials that use flux-cored
wire, like you might find at Walmart.  I 100% agree!  I tried the flux-cored
wire on my wire-feed welder once when I ran out of gas; never will do it
again.  You can't see the weld because of all the flux that gets in the way.
Besides that, the weld is ugly when compared to the beautiful gas-shielded
welds when you know what you are doing.