Re: Flatheads Etc.

To: V4GR@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flatheads Etc.
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:40:22 EST
In a message dated 11/09/1999 8:34:23 AM Pacific Standard Time, V4GR@aol.com
writes:

<<
 Actually I was joking about not understanding people building flatheads. The
 first motor I ever rebuilt was a '40 Ford V8-85. I t was cool and when it
 fired I was one proud 15 year old. And no one who is running a 32 Plymouth
 would take potshots at anyone else's engine choice. So please, Flathead
guys,
 accept my apologies and try to become a little less thin skinned.  Rich Fox

Rich,
    The responses I've seen so-far have been far from "thin-skinned".
Considering the wrath that would have been raised had one of us "bent-eight"
types questioned the motives for building a "stove-bolt", the responses
looked pretty mild yet sincere and did more to give their motovations rather
than question the wisdom of building something else that put out more
reliable power.......Ardun Doug King