Re: Animal magnetism

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, crothfuss@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: Animal magnetism
From: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:09:34 -0500
Chuck,

You are the only one I know of, to hit birds at Maxton, maybe that rotary motor
has a bird calling harmonic. Hell, it sounds like 10,000 pissed-off bumblebees,
maybe the birds think it's food!!!  Maybe you could retire the Wankel name and
come up with a catchy one.    Hey, Keith...your good at this stuff !!!

>>> Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com> 11/11 7:13 PM >>>
List,

  Sorry I don't have any input to offer on spoilers right now.  I've enjoyed
the discussion, but I figured it was time to inject something new.  Lets
talk about bird strikes.  I'm sure any pilots on the list are familiar with
this threat to aircraft, but its begun to plague me on the ground.  The last
three events I've attended at Maxton I either hit birds or came way too
close.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just something about my car
attracting them since nobody else seems to have this problem.      Worst of
all, I've started to attract other flying critters!  Last night on the way
home, as I passed under the only street light on a long stretch of rural two
lane I hit a bat.  Now how many people can honestly say they have ever hit a
bat with their car?!
I'm starting to get real nervous when I see flocks of geese.  Are birds ever
a concern at Bonneville or other LSR venues?

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA #510