RE: Electronics vs. old way

To: bbutters@dmi.net, land-speed@autox.team.net, abshuman@worldnet.att.net,
Subject: RE: Electronics vs. old way
From: "joe boogie" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:18:45 PST
Friends, Members, and SCTA, ECTA, &USFRA officials:

    ...Kvach is absolutely right about all the "unfairness" of new tech vs.
old tech...

    Exactly why I, (a pretty serious dragracer from the "old daze") don't
even bother to go to the drags anymore.  There is NOTHING there anymore  in
common with the way we raced. It's ruin't.
   Who in their right mind wants to sit all day watching
computer/electronically controlled cars run against a breakout index???  As
exciting as watchin' paint dry.  -or for that matter, sit in a hot car in
the lanes the whole day thru waiting to make a couple of passes where some
computer nerd in the other lane "out chipped" ya?  Usta be it was Man &
machine against Man & machine.  Now it's all about electronics.  Bah Hum
bug.   Gawd I'd rather go to the lake... (-or "THE LAKES"!)

          For what it's worth, heres my two cents worth;

      If the SCTA, USFRA, and ECTA don't pay attention to, and STOP
electronic "rule stretching" by the "New Tech" boys NOW,  LSR as we know it
will cease to exist because only the filthy rich will be able to race.

      LSR is what it is because there is "room" for those many who enjoy
racing with what many in other forms of "Motorsport" would laugh at, and
call "Obsolete" -if not downright antique! How many other types of racin'
have 40yr. old COMPETITIVE Racecars ?

      I won't even watch NASCAR or NHRA because of what they have become.
I'm not that old, but I remember when "Stock Car" MEANT    STOCK, CAR.
period. Richard Petty used to build one from a car taken off a dealers
showroonm floor...Remember?   I remember; I still have my 1964 NASCAR
Mechanic's membership pin to prove it...
      NASCAR today is a corporate farce; a charade. Every time a Good race
team actually finds an advantage (which is after all THE objective in
racing....)NASCAR, due to  some "corporate" coddling, interveines....  "It's
Entertainment" is what they say; and that's very TRUE.  They have succeeded
in taking the SPORT out of the equation.  It no longer is a sport. When they
threw away SPORT, they also threw away  fairness.
      The"OUTLAWS" are rapidly following suit as well, and are well on the
way to becoming a place where RACERS cannot afford to race.

Any time you want to screw up a sport, just add MONEY   -from any source;
Purses, "sponsors", "corporate" or out of pocket.  That's what makes LSR so
special boys; there ain't no money; so (hopefully)  there ain't no
corruption.

     "GREED" ain't good.  Not in sport. Not anywhere.  As far as I'm
concerned ....Friends, Good times, and good clean Racin' fun IS.

    ....Ok, I'll jump down off my soap box now.

      Really DO "have a nice day"!
          -Doug Anderson  Bainbridge, NY  1:55pm edt 12/1/99