Re: Pistons?

To: boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pistons?
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:18:21 EST
In a message dated 12/03/1999 10:59:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com writes:

<< Ardun Doug:  I'm on your team!  (if you'll have me....)

                                                      -Doug in NY

Doug,
    You're on. I run the cars with usually myseld and a guy from the area
named Ed Weldon who has been with me since 1988. It's a scramble but we can
keep up if we keep our "asses up and heads down".
    The dragster is the same manpower situation. My 28 year old son Brian
usually drives and we both wrench. He's no "hero-driver", packs his own
chute, pulls the plugs, checks all the "vital-signs", etc.
    With him teaching school overseas for the next couple of years I may have
to drive the dragster. I'm licensed to 7.50 and feel comfortable in the 9's,
but my reaction times are so slow that anything in the 8's with the 120" FED
ia a handfull for me and a windfall for the competition.
                                        Ardun Doug in CA