Re: Pistons?

To: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Subject: Re: Pistons?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 15:39:56 -0800
Group,

While watching the Thrust II make its run, the shear speed impresses me,
but the megi-HP that is needed to move the megi-ton vehicle, and
megi-dollars are required to make it happen, detracts from the
accomplishment. (I stood next to this vehicle at the Peppermill in Reno
when he was on his way home after setting the record. It is hard to
imagine how huge this thing is until you stand along side.) However, I
know that is the British way.

I'm anxious to see Breedlove get back to it next year. I really think he
as what it takes to bring the record back with is little, comparatively
low HP car. Watching the History Channel Monday {Speed on Land) and
Wednesday night (Speed on Water) underscores the difference in approach
between the Hot Rodder and the British.

Seriously, I believe that almost everyone on this net would rather see,
"and hear," Al Teague make a pass than observe any of these non-piston
engine vehicles run. I still get "goose bumps" ever time I hear him run.

Tom, Redding CA 3:40 PM PST