Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class

To: "Land-speed@autox.team.net" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 09:59:00 -0500
What years did they set up the special classes for the flatheads and
inline engines to not have to race against OHV engines?  Does this also
mean that if someone likes old roadsters and Hi-tech engines that they
will have no class to run in? or that people who have built cars that
are older than a certain date will have to go back to old tech engines
in order to have a class to run in? Don't you think that the 'genie' is
already out of the bottle?
What are you going to do if you have an EFI engine class for every
engine size for both gas and fuel? Why don't we have a special class for
each car and we all can run against our own record.. I wish someone
would build a G/FL as we are lonely for someone else to race against
rather than wishing people would go away.. But then when we first went
to the salt in '92 the first words i heard in impound was oh you run
those 'chicken sh#t electronics'! I have enjoyed every time we broke a
record beyond my wildest dreams, as there are not too many GFuel open
wheel cars running over 230 with a Cosworth Pinto and EFI or any other
way for that matter.

 So maybe we need a class for G, Fuel, Inline, Iron Block, Aluminum
head, Water cooled,  N/A, Electronic Injection, Slide Throttle, Open
Wheel, Solid suspension, 5 Speed, Home built, Aluminum body, Post 1980,
Over 50 driver, Previous racing experience,  Professional engineering
crew, Long course  !

So we are now racing
a'G/F/I/IB/AH/WC/NA/EI/ST/OW/SS/5SP/HB/AB/PO80/O50D/PRERA/PEC/LC'

Ought to able to have a few different classes with that! If only use
gears 2 thru 5 maybe I could change classes.. or put a younger driver in
the car...Come on!

I like G/FL better and geez how about some company to race against...
Dahlgren.