Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 07:39:17 -0800
Group,

Lets get real here! Electronics only control things that can be
controlled mechanically. As for aerodynamics, what sedan is smaller than
a '48 Crosley.

By the way, in 1950-'51 I worked as a mechanic for McKenzie Motors, the
Crosley Dealer in Omaha Nebraska. The first hot rod engine I built was a
Crosley, Rajah manifolds and Carter carb, milled cylinders. The stock
Crosley engine was a single overhead cam four cylinder, integral head
and cylinders, 44 cubic inches, producing 60HP @ 6000 RPM. The engine I
built was in a Hot Shot, their roadster, belonging to a finance company
executive who had repossessed it. It was a real scooter.

I have owned two "daily transportation" Crosleys,  '49 station wagon and
a '51 convertible.

Tom, Redding CA 7:40AM PST