Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com
Subject: Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class
From: HKMNSTRODS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 21:06:36 EST
Tom,
 That's remarkable. As I recall the engines were 44ci stock and produced 28
hp at 3500 rpm's. I blew one up one time while running a measured kilo in a
ditch outside Miami, Fl. The tach was a Jones Motorola mechanical, and only
went to 9000 before going back to zero. We had dumped a rather large amount
of nitro in the fuel. It blew so bad that it even broke the cam into 3
pieces. The tach was just approaching the zero again so it was turning around
10,000 and still climbing. Quite a rush at right at 100 mph in a 325 lb. boat
with your bu-- about 4" off the water.
Skip in Webster