Cut off switch

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cut off switch
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 16:14:41 -0800
One thing all need to remember regardless of where the switch is mounted
and identified with a decal or whatever, a fire or a panel can be torn
off in an incident and making it difficult to locate. The emergency crew
at the lakes and on the salt spend time in the inspection area to look
over all of the cars, streamlined bikes and any thing unusual that may
create a rescue problem.

 The big thing that we have to cope with is distance we need to travel
to the incident as we don't have the man power or equipment  that large
and big budget racing associations have.

The program we have the, Emergency Response Team is a group of regular
volunteers that work together and learn from all incidents and try to
incorporate all we can from the experiance into our rescue trailer.
There is no easy answer to the mounting of a switch or if a tank should
be in a steel container or the placement of a water tank in or outside
of the drivers area.

The main thing is to put yourself in the position of the rescue teams
and the patrols and fire personnel that will be there to extract the
driver from the vehicle involved in a incident. Just things to think
about.
Glen