Re: Cut off switch

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cut off switch
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 21:20:47 -0800
Hi Keith,
Yes I read the same thing. And I thought that it is just as you say. It's
just that Jim's story sounded like the starter shut down the car at the
line. Hence my comment. Poor attempt at humor, I guess.
The disconnect switch is a good thing......As I said before, I killed an
electrical system at El Mirage due to no switch and no fuses!
I have been thinking about not running batteries at all or maybe just one.
I had planned on three batteries located in front, center and rear of the
car. It will just be too hard. And rescue would have to find three cutoff
switches.........so I will build a "battery bay" if I can find the room and
power the pumps and other electrical stuff from there and put just one
switch. At the center of the car adjacent to the batteries.
I personally like the idea of painting a large red circle or spot around
the switch. Appearance purists will not like that though.
Skip H