Where would a modified Opel GT fit?

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Where would a modified Opel GT fit?
From: Richard Kensicki <richk@sparta-junction.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:14:58 -0500
This is just speculating on this, could sure use everyones input.

There's an Opel GT currently available at a real easy price. I'm not
sure of the displacement, would anyone know off hand?

I've seen a number of Opel GT drag cars running V8's. I would think this
would not be too stable on the mile. If I'm reading the rule book right
a stretched one would run in Modified Sports? Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Anyone have any expierences with this car? Seen one run at the
lakes/maxton ?

Rich